Wednesday, May 22, 2013

33rd Anniversary Chemo!

 
Nothing like celebrating your anniversary while getting your chemo!  I had mentioned on the way to Dana Farber that today was our 33rd anniversary.  Rick had not realized that today was 5/22 so while I was waiting to be connected to the Gemzar, he went out to the local Hallmark store, bought a balloon, card, and truffles.  He's pretty special!
 
We had a little pre-treatment surprise - while my red blood count was OK, my white count was well below the safe range. So we had to discuss whether we'd delay or skip treatment.  Or I could have treatment and come back tomorrow afternoon for a Neulasta shot.  I did choose this last option as I really didn't want to skip a treatment that has been highly successful.  Having the Neulasta shot means I will need to take Claritin for a few days to ward off the bone pain it causes when it stimulates the bone marrow. 
 
Hope everyone enjoys the Memorial Day weekend.
1

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!!! Things will b ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you and Rick! It was so sweet of him to run out and get you something special. You can really celebrate this weekend. Hope the treatment and Neulasta shot goes well.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!

    1980 was a very good year!

    I hope your treatment continues to go well. I also hope the bone pain is non-existent or minimal.

    Quick thinking on Rick's part. Chocolate covers a multitude of sins. Forgetting an anniversary is a BIG one although given all you two have been through I can understand forgetting something.

    Hope you have a great weekend,
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to both you and Rick. My prayers continue that you will be well. Congrats on 33 years of marriage you look so happy despite your condition. May you and your family have a Blessed Holiday as well. Love you, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, wow 33 years...and counting. I was just reading up on few of your posts and had quick question about your blog. I couldn't find any contact info and was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance, thanks!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete